Safety Tips for Walking Groups
· Always have a leader at the top and bottom of the groups
· If there is a footpath you must use it.
· If there is no footpath, you must walk as near as possible to the right-hand side of the road (facing oncoming traffic).
· Do not walk more than two abreast.
· If the road is narrow or carries heavy traffic, you should walk in single file.
· You should always wear reflective clothing.
· You should always carry a torch when walking at night time.
For additional road safety tips go to www.rsa.ie